[THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE “HOW DO I?” WRITING EXPERIENCE]
I love guacamole!!! Okay, I got that out of the way. You just needed know how serious I am about this delicious green dip. When I say “perfect” guacamole that is just my opinion. Guacamole (or Guac) is a simple and delicious dip that can be prepared in many different ways. Everyone has their opinion on the best recipe. There are usually only a handful of ingredients, but the way that you put them together is up for debate. My philosophy is K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid). Quality ingredients and good preparation can make anyone a guac master.
Follow my directions below and you’re be confident the next time you put out some guac at a party, or to watch a game, or as a side for tacos. Enjoy my recipe!
- Get all your ingredients: avocados, onions, tomatoes, limes, cilantro, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper. Here’s a little more info when gathering your ingredients.
- Avocados: I don’t like them too ripe — they will turn bad quickly if they are too soft. I like them a little harder, but mashable. You’ll need about one avocado for every 2-3 people you’re making it for. So, if you’re having ten people over and want chips and guac for the crowd, get 3-4.
- Tomatoes: I like roma tomatoes for this recipe — again, not too ripe. Get a couple.
- Onion – purple, white, yellow, whatever. You’ll need one.
- A bunch of cilantro. A lime.
- Dash of all the spices (Note: with the cayenne it’s better to under-season then over-season. You can’t take it out once you stir it in! Start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste it.
Now it’s time to get to work! I’m amazed how many people don’t know how to get open an avocado. Do you have issues with this? If so, let me explain really quickly how to properly open up an avocado.
- Cut in a circle lengthwise around the avocado, trying to connect your starting and end point.
- Carefully pull apart the two halves
- Hit your knife into the pit and turn to the left or right — it should come loose easily
- Use a knife to scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
Great! Know that you’ve got your avocado out, it’s go time. If you have one of those cool stone bowls with the smasher you’ll look super-authentic, but a fork and any old bowl will do. Next…[End sample]