Photo by Joy Williams on iPhone
Açaí bowls are blended frozen fruit bowls that are topped with fresh fruit, granola and honey. They are my favorite breakfast. I’d always gone out and bought them until I realized I could make them at home. Ever since I started making my own açaí bowls at home, I’ve been eating one everyday. There’s a lot of different recipes, but I have one that everyone will like. It’ll take a while to perfect the recipe, but once you get it right you’ll be eating a bowl everyday. I hope you enjoy my recipe.
The ingredients that you’ll need are:
- A blender
- A bag of mixed frozen strawberries, mangoes, peaches and pineapples
- Frozen blueberries
- Frozen raspberries
- An açaí pack
- A banana
- Oat milk or almond milk
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Granola of your choice
- Shredded coconut
- First you leave your açaí pack out so it can get soft.
- Next you put your frozen fruit in the blender. I don’t have any measurements for the bag of mixed fruit. I just pour in what looks like enough to me.
- Next I put in 2 spoonfuls of frozen blueberries and 1 spoonful of frozen raspberries.
- Next I cut the banana in half and put one half in the blender, and I save the other half to put on top.
- By now your açaí pack should be soft. Cut the pack open and put it in the blender.
- Next you put the oat or almond milk in. I don’t have a measurement for this either. I just pour in an average amount. If you pour too much milk, the bowl would be too watery and the fruit won’t stay up. If you don’t pour enough milk, the fruit won’t blend.
- After everything is completely blended, pour your base into a bowl.
- Now you’re ready to put the toppings on the bowl. Pour about a cup of granola on top of the base.
- Next cut the other half of the banana into circular pieces. Lay the bananas on top of each other in a stripe on the bowl.
- Wash the fresh strawberries, cut off the tops and cut them into fours. You’ll need to do this to about 3 strawberries. Lay the strawberries in a stripe next to the bananas.
- Next wash a handful of fresh blueberries. Lay these in a stripe next to the strawberries.
- Now wash 10 raspberries, and put them in a stripe next to the blueberries to cover the rest of the bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of shredded coconut over all of the fruit on top.
- Last pour honey on top of the bowl in a zigzag pattern, and now the açaí bowl is done. If you don’t like any of these fruits you can substitute them for other fruits that you like more. Enjoy your bowl!