Does the world really need another brownie recipe? Yes, because these fudge brownies will be the most decadent and creamy brownies you have ever indulged in. At most, they will take about 40 minutes to prepare, resulting in a fast and efficient way to enjoy a flavorful treat. Use this recipe when you need a sweet and pleasant treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, or to flaunt your baking skills upon your friends and family. Happy baking!
Gather All INGREDIENTS
Make sure you have these eight simple ingredients that will be used in making this delectable treat.
- 8 oz good-quality chocolate, semi-sweet – This ingredient can be found in the baking isle at a number of grocery stores.
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted – Remember, the butter should be unsalted.
- 1 ¼ cups sugar – Preferably, the sugar should be white granulated or cane sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt – Remember, salt is used to enhance the sweetness component of the brownies.
Gather All Baking Utensils
Make sure you have all of these baking utensils in order to successfully assemble your brownies.
- One mixing bowl
- An eight inch (20 cm) square baking dish
- A knife
- Cutting board
- Electric hand mixer (if you do not have this, a whisk should work perfectly fine)
- A scraper spatula
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). On top of that, line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish with parchment paper. This will prevent the brownies from adhering onto the baking dish after they are baked.
- Using the cutting board and the knife, chop eight ounces of the good-quality semi-sweet chocolate into chunks. Transfer half of the chopped chocolate into a glass bowl and melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20-second intervals. Set aside the melted chocolate to cool. Remember to save the remaining half for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the melted butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Then, add in the all of the eggs and vanilla and mix it with the electric hand mixer for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture becomes fluffy and light in color.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate into the same mixing bowl (make sure it’s not too hot or else the eggs will begin to cook), then using a sifter, sift in all of the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the same one mixing bowl. Fold with a scraper spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix as this will cause the brownies to be more cake-like in texture.
- Using the scraper spatula, incorporate the saved chocolate chunks into the batter, then transfer the batter to the previously prepared baking dish.
- Bake the brownies for 20-25 minutes in the oven, depending on how fudgy you like your brownies, then allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Slice the brownies using a knife, then serve them with a nice cold glass of milk!
Meley Berhane – St. Ignatius – DMSF